Friday, December 15, 2006

Here's the way my day is shaping up:

7:30AM
Wake up, dress, walk the 15 minutes through the woods to Colony Hall dining room.

7:55-8:40AM
Eat a huge breakfast (pancakes, omelet, yogurt & granola, bacon, muffins, scones) and chat with other Fellows.

8:40AM
Walk back to studio.

9:00AM
Start working. Mostly, I'm working on a new musical, Gloryana, an original story based loosely on a racial shooting in Tennessee in the '80s and the circus that erupted around it. Not as gloomy as it sounds, really. For now, the work is structure, structure, structure— my floor is covered with index cards.

11:00AM or so
Switch gears, read some research materials or listen to some music.

12:00PM
Some more writing.

12:30PM
Listen for the truck that delivers my lunch in a brightly-colored picnic basket.

12:30-3:00PM
More writing as I snack on the contents of the basket.

3:00-4:00PM
Break, shower, nap, pluck at my guitar which I'm trying to learn.

4:00-5:15PM
More work.

5:15PM
Get ready to go back to Colony Hall, to where I must return the picnic basket by 6:00.

5:30PM
Walk to Colony Hall.

5:45-6:30PM
Email.

6:30-7:15PM
Delicious dinner and sparkling conversation. Tonight was about a popular Philippino musical about a transgendered superhero who saves the country from aliens.

7:15PM-
Varies. Hang out time, ping-pong, Scrabble, pool, go into town to the local bar; sometimes a Fellow will give a presentation, or sometimes just more writing.

12:00AM
Go to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home